In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be submitted in good English.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- Abstracts on “trials in progress” can be submitted and will be considered for oral or poster presentation as long as they contain at least some preliminary and presentable results.
- The decision regarding inclusion in the program and type of presentation will be decided by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Abstracts should be organized under the headings:
Introduction -> Material and method -> Results and discussion -> Conclusion
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 300 words (body of the abstract).
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are allowed. Symbols and structures of drugs are allowed and should be drawn in black.
- Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the IHS2020 Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance.
For questions regarding the online submission process please contact the Conference secretariat.